What is South Intensive Project (SIP)?
A South Intensive Programme (SIP) is a short and intensive study programme that connects students and teachers from Flemish Higher Education Institutions and Higher Education Institution in the Global South. A SIP aims to force students and teachers to cooperate on a development relevant topic in the Global South. Scince a SIP is part of their curricula, students are receiving credits for participating in the SIP.
A Sip aims:
- Connecting students with practices in the Global South and raise awareness.
- An inter-and multidisciplinary approach
- Establishment of Sustainable partnerships between Flemish HEI and international HEI.
- Development of relevant content and learning outcomes.
- Innovative methodology and approach
- Identifying future topics for project proposals.