What is Staff Mobility (XREIout)?
The XREIoutscholarship is a financial contribution to cover travel costs and accommodation to one of the 19 VLIR-UOS Partner Countries in Africa, Asia and Latin-America. This mobility has the explicit purpose of establishing a network at a partner institution in the Global South in one of the 19 VLIR UOS Partner Countries. The exchange lasts at least two days. During the exchange at least one meeting is required with the colleagues of the HEI in the developing and emerging economies to explore future collaboration. The mobility can be combined with meetings with staff from NGO’s, hospitals, schools, companies, Civil Society Organisations (CSO)… The Flemish Universities of Applied Sciences and Arts are responsible for awarding and administering the grants and for establishing a support process. Depending on the USAs, a yearly call will be organised. The aim of the mobility The mobility programme focuses on capacity building for development education in the HEI. The mobility aims a contribution in one or more development goals in the developing countries. A contribution to a growing and stronger network among the institutions, or other partners involved. This growing network will have a direct impact on the development of common curricula, courses or project applications.
- Increasing personal contacts between staff from Belgium and Partner Countries
- Growing network between partners from developed and developing countries(for educational purposes)
- Contribution of the staff member to the curriculum of the partner in Flanders and abroad by sharing expertise and a direct contribution (course delivery)
- Increasing the professional learning (lifelong learning) of each professional involved by experiencing various professional contexts and challenges
- The development of common project proposals
- The introduction of innovative activities by participating in the SIP